Followers

Where am I?

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Second step

Good evening everyone. Tonight was day 2 of the insanity workout. At the start of the workout my blood sugar was 112. I was feeling good except for a slight pain in my right knee. The warm up really got my heart rate up and my muscles warmed up and ready for the workout.

As last night I wanted to work on form first and then speed. I want to tell you keeping up the form was tough. There were several exercises I was not able to keep up with the crew on the DVD but that is why I am doing this. I want to be able to keep up with life and not fall behind. I know if I can nail the form every time I will start this with a good foundation.

Now I know I do this. This will not be just a 60 day thing for me this will be a life time journey. Because diabetes won't quit I can't either. I will not quit. That is another thing that this insanity program will instill in me is that grind it out attitude, that go just one step more, that keep going behavior in all aspects of my life.

After the workout my blood sugar was 153. About 30 minutes later after a shower my blood sugar was 163. For tonights dinner I had my meal from meal plan 5 and now just before bed the blood sugar is 105. Tonight I took my usual 45 units of Levemir insulin. Tomorrow I will watch the numbers and see how well all this exercise will affect my numbers. I have a feeling I will need to dial back my Levemir dose as the program progresses.

Well it is late and time to rest and recharge these muscles. Tomorrow is another day in the journey of life. I look forward to filling you in tomorrow.

Good night
Tony


- Posted using BlogPress and WordPress from my iPhone

0 comments: