Followers

Where am I?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First step

Tonight was the first step. Tonight I did the fit test for the insanity program. The insanity program is put out by beachbody.com. It is a 60 day high intensity workout you do at home, no equipment needed. Just you and your own desire to get fit. This will be a challenge for me because it comes with a nutrition plan that is geared for fueling your body for the intense workouts. That means carbs too. Fortunately there is a low carb plan that I think I will try.

For the last week I have been using the low carb plan and eating the calories my body needs and not what I want. The plan calls for 5 meals a day. There are several meals in each meal plan and there are 5 meal plans. I am to pick one meal from each plan totaling 5 400 calorie meals a day.

Now since I got the program in the mail last Monday I have also done a few of the workouts to see how things go. Well with just 2 workouts this week and the low carb nutrition plan I have lost 3 pounds.

The next shocker has been how the nutrition plan has affected my blood sugar numbers. Since I have cut out a lot of the carbs I use to eat and started eating healthier foods my BG has stayed steady around 110 to 120 and sometimes lower than that in the mornings.

Well tomorrow the tough workouts start. Tomorrow it is all cardio for 45 minutes. I will also add 45 minutes of Qigong (Chinese moving meditation) to calm down the body and mind before bed.

The next 60 days will be a real adventure in that journey called life. Check in with me tomorrow as I share with you my steps toward a fitter more fulfilling life mentally and physically.


- Posted using BlogPress and WordPress from my iPhone

Location:Herndon Va.

0 comments: